Friday, April 22, 2011

eggs :)

I decided to do a little natural egg dying last night. I have a bunch of diapers almost ready, but, hey, it's almost Easter... egg dying was in order. ;)

soooo... I cooked up some carrots and paprika for some orange eggs....

and some frozen spinach for green... That's all I had around the house. Sorry, no spontaneous trips to the store for me.

It didn't look very promising last night... not much color, but I put them in the fridge and went to bed....


This morning I had a bunch of muddy brown camo-ish eggs in my fridge. Not quite the bright green I saw in my dream. lol! But I think they're pretty nifty. I think I wiped the orange ones a little too much because there were some nice bright orange spots on them.















I now have a head of cabbage on my counter... I soooo want to get a bright blue egg. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)






1 comment:

  1. I like them!

    I was just reading that adding vinegar to the dye makes the colours brighter.

    Can't wait to see to blue ones!

    ReplyDelete